Hanoi War Sites Tour (3-Hours)
OUR FREE TOUR INCLUDES:
3-hour walking tour with our Free tour guides will give you an insight into the history of Vietnam’s wars.
– The first point is the Military History Museum on Dien Bien Phu street. The museum covers an ancient flag tower, destroyed bombers, photographs, historical artefacts and weapons from wars with China,U.S, France and Japan offer a glimpse into Vietnam’s turbulent war in the past.
– Hoa Lo Prison: the prison was used to house Vietnamese political prisoners, Patriots, as well as French and American prisoners of war, and offers a fascinating and chilling glimpse of prison life in the war . the number of detainees had used to soar to almost 2,000, the majority of them being political prisoners
– Hanoi’s French Quarter lies to the south-east of Lake of the Restored Sword. In the end of 19th century, when the French dominated Vietnam, they demolished many of the old Vietnamese buildings then replaced them with imposing French-style villas. As well as the architecture the area showcases the legacy of the European colonisation of Vietnam.
Picking up and gathering at your hotel
First, we will visit Vietnam Military History Museum Located in the center of Hanoi, near V.L Lenin’s statue, which is one of the seven national army museum systems of Vietnam. This museum collected, stored and displayed more than 150.000 artefacts, including historical artefacts, collections that reflect from the first period of King Hung Vuong to Ho Chi Minh era and Hanoi Flag Tower at the age of nearly 200 years is renowned as one of the symbols of Hanoi. and was started to construct in 1805 and completed in 1812, five years after the construction time of Flag Tower in Hue.The museum is really a center of Vietnamese military history and an attractive destination for visitors from outside and inside Vietnam learn more about the military history of Vietnam.
Then, we will visit Hoa Lo prison, a famous prison located in Hanoi’s French District that received great notoriety because of the inhumane treatment of the prisoners use by French colonial government, and later North Vietnamese army during the Vietnam War for US prisoners of war
Finally, we will visit Hanoi’s French Quarter, where wide open streets, majestic buildings and high-end hotels, restaurants and shops await.
The tour ends at around 3 hours of walking.
At the end of our walk we will return you to where we began.
Notice: All tour exclude meals, entrance fees
* Hoa Lo Prison:
– 30.000 VND for A adult.
– 15.000 VND for A students.
*Vietnam Military History Museum :
– 30.000 VND for A adults.
– 15.000 VND for A Student.
booking more tours here : Hanoi free city tour