Hanoi War Sites Tour (3-Hours)
OUR FREE TOUR INCLUDES:
3-hour walking tour with our Free tour guides will give you an insight into the history of Vietnam’s wars.
- Our first stop is the Military History Museum on Dien Bien Phu street. The museum includes an ancient flag tower, destroyed bombers, photographs, historical artefacts and weapons from wars with China, U.S.A, France and Japan. It offers a glimpse into Vietnam’s turbulent past.
- Hoa Lo Prison: the prison housed up to 2000 inmates, the majority Vietnamese political prisoners. Also Patriots, French and latterly American prisoners of war. Experience a fascinating and chilling glimpse of prison life during the wars.
- Hanoi’s French Quarter lies to the south-east of the Lake of the Restored Sword. At the end of 19th century, when the French dominated Vietnam, they demolished many of the old Vietnamese buildings, replacing them with imposing French-style villas. As well as the architecture, the area showcases the legacy of European occupation of Vietnam.
Picking up and gathering at your hotel
Firstly we visit the Vietnam Military History Museum, in the centre of Hanoi, close to V.L Lenin’s statue. It is one of the seven national army museums in Vietnam. This museum collected, stored and displayed more than 150.000 artefacts, including historical objects, collections that represent the first period of King Hung Vuong through to the Ho Chi Minh era. Also, see the Hanoi Flag Tower, which at over 200 years old is renown as one of the symbols of Hanoi. Its construction began in 1805 and completed in 1812, five years after the Flag Tower in Hue. The museum reflects Vietnamese military history and is an essential and fascinating destination for citizens of both Vietnam and foreign visitors.
We will go to Hoa Lo prison, a famous prison in Hanoi’s French District. It received much notoriety due to the inhumane treatment of prisoners by the French colonial government. Later the North Vietnamese army held the US prisoners of war there during the Vietnam war.
Finally, we will visit Hanoi’s French Quarter, where wide open streets, majestic buildings and high-end hotels, restaurants and shops await.
The tour ends after around 3 hours of walking.
At the end of our walk, we return to our starting point.
Notice: The tour excludes meals, entrance fees
* Hoa Lo Prison:
– 30.000 VND for A adult.
– 15.000 VND for A students.
* Vietnam Military History Museum :
– 30.000 VND for A adults.
– 15.000 VND for A Student.
Book extra tours here: Hanoi free city tour
booking more tours here: Hanoi free city tour